LAUNDRYNotes taken from interviews with villagers in the 1970s mention two laundries in Wonersh - one on The Common and one on the Platt. It’s likely however that there was only one laundry, that run by Agnes ‘Granny’ Atkinsin an outbuilding of what was The Old Cottage (now Old Forge Cottage). It was later moved on the expiry of the lease to a building on the right side of the Platt.KENNELSMrs Howard acquired Little Tangleyin 1930 for £12000. She was a prominent breeder of black labradors and long-haired dachshunds and was also a judge at Crufts. She used the extensive barns and stables to house the dogs and, allegedly, raised puppies in the billiard room. Mrs Howard was obviously a woman with friends in high places as the Prince of Wales (later Edward VIII and Duke of Windsor) apparently kept two of his dogs at Little Tangley and was a frequent visitor.Another prominent dog breeder in Wonersh in the 1970s was Karina Le Mare who bred Great Danes at The Mill House.Victor Berwyn Jonesserved with the Royal Field Artillery in France during WW1 where he was gassed and wounded. He and his wife moved to The Old Cottage (now Old Forge Cottage) in 1924 and converted an outbuilding (previously a laundry) to create a surgery and operating theatre for his veterinary business. There were kennels alongside. In 1935 Victor took a seven year lease on Wonersh Yard,the former stable block of the Grantley Estate, then owned by Robert Haslam.He continued his veterinary business there until 1945 when it was transferred to Donald Underwood,another vet.